Spring 2013 marks the official launch of The Knoble, a nonprofit multi-media organization that promotes and advocates social and civic engagement. We will serve as a valuable news source for the nonprofit sector and galvanize groups and individuals who are ready to support good causes.
We will write articles, produce videos, and take photos on the following topics:
- Education (including academic research, trends, and student volunteers)
- Social Entrepreneurs (interviews and leadership resources)
- Charity Events
- CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- Technology (including social media, medical advancements, hard sciences, etc.)
- Design (including sustainable and earth-friendly products, home decor, and innovations)
- Global Issues (including health care, clean water & hunger crisis, disaster relief, economic development, energy, environment, human rights, urban development)
At the outset, we are primarily focusing our stories in the Houston area. However, we will consider and accept stories concerning other regions that align with our mission. With success in Houston, we intend to scale up our operations and cover other cities. So it safe to say the future holds plenty of opportunities for our early contributors to gain leadership positions.
We are seeking semi-professional to professional-level writers, videographers, photographers, photojournalists, and bloggers. We focus on publishing content that educates, inspires, and creates positive impact in the communities we serve. Working with us is a great opportunity to get involved with a Houston-area organization at the beginning stages of its long-term mission.
Contributors will gain experiences in:
- Nonprofit Operations
- Social Media
- Speaking Engagements
- Website Publishing
- Creating and Managing Partnerships
The ideal candidates are:
- College juniors and up
- Social-media savvy
- Great verbal and written communicators
- Able to network, engage with new people in recreational and professional settings
- Published content creators or has published their own content
(1) Send us two to three recent pieces of your work that are either relevant to our topics listed above or represents your qualifications (published or unpublished).
(2) Include two to three paragraphs explaining why you are passionate about nonprofits in general or about one of the specific topics above.
(3) What are one or two of your favorite websites and why?
Sending your resume is optional and will not hurt your chances if you do not provide one. Send applications to email@example.com. We will contact ideal candidates promptly regarding the next steps in our process.
Thanks For Your Interest!
The Knoble Family